Social Media Terms & Conditions
Terms and conditions
1. By entering the competition, you accept and agree to the T&C’s.
2. We may repost images that you send using the hashtag #LoveFleetcor from our Facebook or Twitter account.
3. You own all copyright in any images you post and have permission from all people featured in any images you send to us to be posted in accordance with the above.
4. We may use your name/Twitter handle/screen name in our posts to identify you.
5. We may use the content you send to us to re-post or incorporate into a new post.
6. You have the right to withdraw your submission.
COMPETITION/PRIZE DRAW TERMS AND CONDITIONS
7. These terms and conditions together with any specific rules set out in Competition Notices (as defined below) are the Competition Rules ("Rules") and apply to competitions ("Competition") featuring in any FLEETCOR publication, website or social media accounts unless otherwise expressly stated. By entering a Competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules.
8. Rules specific to each Competition are displayed in a notice on the page for such Competition ("Competition Notice") or in a notice in which the Competition appeared and are incorporated into the Rules. In the event of discrepancy between these terms and conditions and the Competition Notice, the Competition Notice shall prevail.
9. In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to a Competition, the decision of the judge(s) shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
10. To qualify to enter the Competition you must be a FLEETCOR employee. The social media account you use to post your competition entry ("Entry") may be used to send any prizes so please make sure you use your personal account.
11. By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. FLEETCOR reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
12. FLEETCOR reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the Rules.
13. Only one entry per person per Competition is allowed (except where the Competition Notice states that more than one entry can be submitted)
14. Competition entries must be made in the manner and by the closing date specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to do so will disqualify the entry.
15. Only one entry per person will be accepted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this term by, for example, the use of 'brute force', 'script' or any other automated means, that person/those e-mail addresses will be disqualified and any prize award will be void..
16. Proof of posting or emailing cannot be accepted as proof of delivery. FLEETCOR cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to Entries, or Entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes outside its control.
17. Prize winners will be chosen at random, unless specified otherwise in the Competition Notice, from all qualifying Entries within 7 days of the closing date. In all matters, the decision of the judge(s) shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
18. Prize winners will be notified in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Notice. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply as specified in the notification (and within the time stated) may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. If more than one prize is awarded only one prize per entrant will be awarded. Competition winner(s)’ names may be published on FLEETCOR’s social media accounts and Employee Blog’s on FLEETCOR’s careers website.
19. Claims for prizes must be made in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to claim a prize within this time or in the manner specified may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
20. Prizes are non–transferable and there is no cash alternative. FLEETCOR reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
21. Prizes are awarded at the discretion of FLEETCOR and no prizes will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant.
22. All taxes, insurances, transfers, spending money and other expenses (including meals or personal expenses upgrades etc.) as the case may be, unless specifically stated, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
Intellectual Property Rights & Use of Entries
23. FLEETCOR does not, unless we agree this with you, claim any rights of ownership in your Entry. As such, you retain ownership and copyright, although FLEETCOR will be able to use Entries as set out in the Rules, you will also have the right to use your Entry in any way you choose. Where any Entry is to be used in a different way (e.g. we are asking to own this) this will be made clear in the Competition Notice and you will then be able to choose whether to enter the Competition.
24. In consideration of FLEETCOR agreeing to consider entrants to the Competition, each entrant hereby agrees that FLEETCOR (and third parties authorised by FLEETCOR) may make any and all Entries available in their publications and on their websites and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future. You now grant FLEETCOR (and third parties authorised by FLEETCOR) a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence (for the full period of any rights in the Entry) to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, make derivative works from, edit, alter, store, re-format, sell and sub-licence the Entry for such purposes.
25. FLEETCOR does not guarantee to use or otherwise make available any Entry. FLEETCOR may, in appropriate circumstances, and at its sole discretion, reject, edit, remove or disable access to Entries that appear to be legally or otherwise problematic e.g. infringe the copyright or other intellectual property or privacy rights of others, are defamatory etc. or for any other reason.
26. Your entry and any information submitted by you must be personal to and relate specifically to you. You hereby warrant that your Entry and all information which you submit and/or distribute will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party, and will not contain anything which is libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening. If relevant, FLEETCOR reserves the right, but not the obligation, to screen, filter and/or monitor information provided by you and to edit, refuse to distribute or remove the same.
27. FLEETCOR cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting any prize. FLEETCOR is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation in the Competition. Nothing shall exclude FLEETCOR’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
Data Protection and Publicity
28. Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and FLEETCOR reserves the right to use the names of winners in any publicity both in paper and online.
29. FLEETCOR will record names and e-mail addresses to aid with the delivery of prizes and communicating with prize winners, after which all personal information will be securely deleted.